Dr. Antypas joined CEU in 2000. Since 2008, he is the Director of the Center for Environment and Security (CENSE). Prior to that he worked in:
- Civic Education Project visiting professor of Environmental Studies at the University of Rezekne in Latvia.
- Adjunct faculty, Department of Sociology and Anthropology, Lemoyne College, Syracuse, NewYork.
- Consultant to UNDP, UNEP, the US Forest Service, the Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe.
His research interests include
- Global environmental governance
- Environmental policy change and transformation
- Human rights and the environment
- Science-policy studies
PhD in natural resources policy and sociology, University of Washington
MSc in environmental science, State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry.
B.A. in history, Georgetown University